Practicing Compassion and Resilience with Connie Carpenter Phinney
Being “locked down” has caused many of the Parkinson’s care partners in our community to look at the life they’ve been living and assess whether it’s working or not. I say I want to live well, but am I? Am I taking the actions I need to every day to feel energized, connected, and strong? Do I know how to give care to another AND also to myself?
In this *episode, Kelsey Phinney sits down with her mom, Connie Carpenter Phinney, to talk about…
- The difference between compassion, empathy, and sympathy and why it’s important to know the difference
- How to manage your care partner duties
- How to speak about caregiving to others
- How to stay resilient as a care partner
- How to reset
- The most important vitamin you should take every day
- How to find the gifts and lessons during this global health crisis
Further ReadingUpaya Zen Center
G.R.A.C.E.: Training in Cultivating Compassion-based Interactions
Compassion at the Edge by Roshi Joan Halifax
Emotional Empathy by Roshi Joan Halifax
Infusing Compassion and Empathy Into Pain Care with Roshi Joan Halifax
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question by emailing us here.
- Share this show on Facebook.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help, and we read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Listen & Subscribe
*The Second Season of the Parkinson’s Podcast is made possible through generous support in honor of Dr. Margaret Hilgartner.