We welcome your contributions! Through writing for the Davis Phinney Foundation, you can share your experience with others living with Parkinson’s and help us to spread our mission that it is possible to live well with Parkinson’s today. Our editorial team will work with you to polish your writing and sharpen your message. We work with Parkinson’s writers with a variety of points of view and experiences, and we look forward to bringing your voice to our community.
In order to have the best chance of getting an article accepted, please familiarize yourself with our content and our voice. If you find a gap in our content, we’d love to hear about it.
Here are the people we’d like to receive submissions from:
- People who are living with Parkinson’s
- People who have specialized knowledge about Parkinson’s
- People who work closely with people with Parkinson’s
- Care partners to people with Parkinson’s
Here are the kinds of topics/content we’re currently accepting articles about:
- Personal stories about living well with Parkinson’s
- Parkinson’s care partner stories
- Complementary therapies and Parkinson’s
- Exercise and Parkinson’s
Here are the topics we are not currently accepting articles about:
- Marijuana and/or CBD
Keep in mind:
- Write about what you know. We have many experts in all areas related to Parkinson’s and we have been doing deep research into this field for 15 years. What we can’t do is tell YOUR story. We can’t inspire people with Parkinson’s in exactly the way you can by sharing your experiences.
- Be original: Posts must be unique to the Davis Phinney Foundation. Posts must not have been published elsewhere online (including your personal blog) or slated for distribution on other sites.
- Source all claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. If you claim anything at all, tell us how you know. Include the full links to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals and/or credible news outlets.
- Write a tight opening: Does the first sentence make the reader want to read the second sentence? Does your first paragraph tell the reader clearly and succinctly what the article will be about and why you’re the right person to be writing it?
Ready to Submit?
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write “Guest post submission: (insert your topic)” in the subject line and the full text in the body of the email.
- Include a color photo for the feature image. Must be a minimum of 600wide x 400high (landscape orientation.)
- Include a color headshot or photo of you to use for your bio – 200×200 circle
- Include your bio of 120 words or less
We read every submission we receive, but we are a small staff and can’t respond to every submission. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 14 days.
By submitting to the Davis Phinney Foundation, you acknowledge that you accept any form of editing the Davis Phinney Foundation editorial team deems necessary.