Saturday, November 15, 2014
The Davis Phinney Foundation and our Upstate South Carolina partners hosted The Victory Summit symposium for Parkinson’s on Saturday, November 15, 2014 at the TD Convention Center in Greenville. 600 people from around the state and surrounding areas joined us to learn about how to live well today with Parkinson’s disease.
DOWNLOAD THE AGENDA
DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM BOOK
|8:30am – 9:15am
||Parkinson’s 101, pre-event plenary session.
|8:30am – 9:50am
||Check-In & Exhibitor Hall
|10:00am – 2:00pm
||General Session Including:
- The PD You Don’t See – Benzi Kluger, MD, University of Colorado
- Exercise as Medicine – Lee Dibble, PT, PhD, University of Utah
- Research Update – Joohi Jimenez-Shahed, MD, Baylor
- The Parkinson’s Lifestyle Toolkit – Claire Henchcliffe, MD, PhD, Weill Cornell
|2:20pm – 4:20pm
||Breakout Sessions Including:
- General Session Follow-Up Q&A – Dr. Lee Dibble, Dr. Claire Henchcliffe, Dr. Joohi Jimenez-Shahed, Dr. Benzi Kluger; Moderated Dr. Matt Ford
- Medication Management & Strategies – Dr. Priyantha Herath
- The Parkinson’s Barometer: Depression, Anxiety & Mood – Dr. Shawn McClintock
- Care for the Care Partner – Jessica Katz Shurer
- Is Deep Brain Stimulation For Me? – Dr. Danielle Englert, Dr. Richard Lytle Jr., Susan Howe, Dave Morrow; Moderated by Dr. James Patton
- Clinical Trials: Propelling Research Forward – Dr. Vanessa Hinson, Becky McMurray, Susan Gerbeth-Jones; Moderated by Karlin Schroeder
- Maximize Your Mobility: Fall Prevention – Travis Gawler
- Getting A Restful Night’s Sleep – Calvin Gardner
Local Hero Award
Read about our Upstate SC Local Heroes: Lisa Cox and Linda Morgan
The Victory Summit symposium is made possible thanks to our presenting sponsors:
With generous support and agenda collaboration from our partners:
And with thanks for community support from:
Make a donation to “Pay It Forward” and support The Victory Summit symposium as it travels to its next host city.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay abreast of Davis Phinney Foundation events and programming.