San Diego Victory Summit – February 5, 2011
The Davis Phinney Foundation and our Southern California partners hosted The Victory Summit at La Costa Resort in Carlsbad, California on February 5, 2011. This was the largest Victory Summit to date with over 700 people with Parkinson’s and their families attending to hear about how to live well with Parkinson’s today.
- Living Well with Parkinson’s: What Does Research Mean to You?
- Walking the Parkinson’s Labyrinth
- The State of Parkinson’s Research
- Exercising for the Rest of My Life
- Laughing Yoga
- Dance and Singing – and How this Helps
- Golf & Parkinson’s
- Panel discussions with national and local experts and people with Parkinson’s on clinical trials, deep brain stimulation surgery and tools for the caregiver.
- Davis Phinney, former Olympic professional cyclist and Parkinson’s advocate
- Presentation of Local Hero Award
See the AGENDA for this Victory Summit.
The Davis Phinney Foundation Local Hero Award:
The Davis Phinney Foundation Local Hero Award was given to June Brunson for her work with the San Diego area Parksinon’s community. Click here to read the San Diego Union-Tribune article.
The San Diego Victory Summit Photo Gallery:
This Victory Summit was made possible through our local Southern California partners:
With generous support from our sponsors: