How do I join the Victory Crew®?
You can join simply by undertaking any activity or event to raise funds to support our efforts to improve the lives of people living with Parkinson’s. Possibilities include:
- Participating in an existing Victory Crew Event
- Raising funds in any race, ride, walk or expedition
- Creating your own Victory Crew Event
Can you explain a bit more about the different activities to raise funds?
- Participating in an existing Victory Crew event — Victory Crew members who join a Victory Crew event that is benefiting the Davis Phinney Foundation. When you register, we’ll guide you through setting up a fundraising web page.
- Raising funds in any race, ride, walk or expedition — Victory Crew members who create a fundraising event for the Davis Phinney Foundation. The possibilities are nearly endless: bike ride, group walk, bowl-a-thon, pancake breakfast, lemonade stand, etc. You can follow our easy steps to create a home page, registration page and fundraising page for your event.
I want to help, but I’m a little unsure about how to go about fundraising. Can you help me out?
Absolutely. We NEVER want you to feel like you’re own your own, so we’re here to be your Crew – to help you in any way we can. To make your job easier, we have all sorts of fundraising resources you can download to assist you. If you can’t find your answers there feel free to give us a call at 720-259-0907 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org We’ll be happy to help you.
Are there fundraising incentives?
We know a little extra motivation can’t hurt so we provide fundraising incentives – to both motivate and thank our supporters. These are tailored to each event – check out an event’s incentives by clicking an event on the Victory Crew homepage.
Where does the money that I raise go?
Money you raise for the Davis Phinney Foundation goes to support our mission to help people living with Parkinson’s disease to live well today. We inform and inspire people with through:
- Foundation Programs:
- The Victory Summit™ symposia series, which has reached more than 5,500 people with Parkinson’s across the U.S and attracts internationally-recognized speakers.
- Every Victory Counts™ program manual, one of the most important resources available for people living with Parkinson’s, developed and published by the Davis Phinney Foundation.
- The Living Well Challenge™ webinar series, a bi-monthly online educational program on strategies for living well with Parkinson’s.
- Information on how to live well today with Parkinson’s.
- Funding exercise and speech programs.
- Research Funding:
- Investing in research to improve quality of life.
- In the past two years alone, Davis Phinney Foundation invested more than $1.2 million in Parkinson’s research and programs. We focus on funding early-phase, innovative studies that ideally lead to greater funding. Davis Phinney Foundation also funds research in depression, speech and Deep Brain Stimulation. Our funding falls into two main areas:
- Programs that have an immediate impact on the lives of people living with Parkinson’s today
- Research (primarily exercise-related) exploring a range of factors affecting quality of life