What is Grassroots Fundraising? It’s a simple concept: you can raise funds to improve the lives of people with Parkinson’s in countless and creative ways, including:
- Join (or support) an existing Victory Crew® event.
- Participate in any activity to raise funds and awareness. Running a 5K? Hosting a bake sale? Competing in a triathlon? Climbing a mountain? Planning a cross-country road trip with friends? Any and all of these can be made into a fundraising activity for Parkinson’s.
Here’s how it works:
- First, we’ll walk you through the steps to set up your free account and build your personalized “fundraising headquarters” web page.
- Now add pictures, video and text to help you share your story.
- Spread the word about what you’re doing and how family, friends, co-workers and local businesses can help you via email, letter writing and social networks.
- Track your progress on your fundraising headquarters web page
You won’t be on your own when you’re part of the Victory Crew. We’re here to help you every step of the way. Chances are, you already have a strong fundraising foundation built around family, friends, co-workers and local businesses. We have all sorts of fundraising resources to help you tap into and build upon that network, including:
- Fundraising Tips (who and how to ask to contribute)
- Sample Fundraising Letter or Email
- Fact Sheet about the Davis Phinney Foundation
- Sample Thank You Letter (we’ll also thank your donors!)
To get started, choose what you’d like to do as a member of the Victory Crew:
- Participate in an existing Victory Crew event
- Make any activity a pledge event
- Create your own Victory Crew event
Participating in a triathlon? Whether you are making it a Victory Crew pledge tri or just want to participate and support the Davis Phinney Foundation, purchase a Foundation tri suit here! 10% of sales are donated to the Foundation!