Title: The Victory Summit Intern
Reports to The Victory Summit Program Manager and Foundation staff
Purpose of Position:
Assist with the planning and coordination of The Victory Summit national symposia.
About the Position:
The Davis Phinney Foundation’s premier program is The Victory Summit® national series of symposia produced in partnership with local Parkinson’s organizations and medical centers. This is a one-day educational event for people with Parkinson’s disease and their families designed to equip and empower people with Parkinson’s disease to live well today. This is the perfect position for a detail-oriented, self-starter looking to gain hands-on, high-level experience in nonprofit management, event planning, communications and public relations. The Foundation is a fast-paced, fun and inspiring place to work, and we guarantee our interns will leave with lots to add to their resumes.
One internship is available for the 2013-14 academic year with the possibility of extending through the summer. This position is for 5-10 hours a week in the Foundation offices, for college credit only.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct in-depth market research
- Write and disseminate calendar listings and media alerts
- Execute media follow-up
- Track public relations outcomes and measure success
- Work with survey results to calculate effectiveness of program initiatives
- Assist in other activities such as necessary
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to take initiative
- Strong computer and processing skills, including experience working on a Mac with: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in communications, marketing, public relations and/or event planning a plus, but not required
- Required education: HS/GED diploma; some college experience is preferred.
Please send your resume and a cover letter indicating your interest in the position to Heather Hine, The Victory Summit Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can contact Ally with any questions at (303) 733-3340, ext. 106.