Are you looking for an exciting winter through summer internship? The Davis Phinney Foundation is a non-profit organization in Boulder, CO that provides programs, tools, and information to help people with Parkinson’s disease to live well today. The Davis Phinney Foundation’s Victory Crew program is designed to support all grassroots fundraising efforts.
As the Victory Crew Intern, you will have an opportunity to gain real world experience at an exciting time. Between partnerships with the USA Pro Challenge and local and national fundraising events, the winter, spring and summer of 2014 will be full of activity. This unpaid internship provides a unique opportunity to gain an array of resume-building experience including event coordination, fundraiser cultivation and marketing skills, in addition to learning the ins and outs of a non profit organization. A commitment of 10-15 hours a week and some weekends is required.
About the Position
This internship position is for 10-15 hours per week (20-25 hours a week during the summer) during the winter and spring in the Foundation offices downtown Boulder.
- Assist the Program Manager in managing the Victory Crew’s social media platforms
- Develop and cultivate relationships with fundraisers and provide resources
- Research and develop off season fundraising and sponsorship leads and ideas
- Support the event planning and logistical efforts of the Victory Crew Program Manager in the following events: Knights of Sufferlandria, Fundraiser Appreciation Banquet, and Ride the Rockies.
- Social media savvy
- Recent graduate or currently enrolled student
- Demonstrated past leadership and achievement
- Strong critical thinking skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Fundraising and event planning experience preferred
- An interest in non profits, event planning and cycling preferred
To Apply: If you are the qualified candidate we are looking for, please send a one page resume and letter of intent to email@example.com with the subject “Victory Crew Intern.” Your letter of intent should answer the following questions: Why are you interested in the Victory Crew Internship? What do you hope to accomplish? How will you determine your success as an intern?