Title: Marketing Intern
Reports to the Marketing Director
Purpose of Position:
The marketing intern will assist the marketing director in support of Foundation marketing research and communication efforts.
About the Position:
The Foundation seeks an intern to assist the Marketing Director with ongoing marketing-related tasks, including content creation for and monitoring of our social media channels, conducting marketing research, assisting with print and online communications design, and identifying potential partnership organizations within the Parkinson’s community. This is the perfect position for a detail-oriented, self-starter looking to gain hands-on, high-level experience in nonprofit, healthcare brand management, marketing, and communication. The Davis Phinney Foundation is a fast-paced, fun and inspiring place to work, and our interns leave with diverse experience to add to their resumes.
This internship is for the 2013-14 academic year. The ideal candidate will be available for a full-year internship (based on favorable evaluation at end of first semester). The position is for 8-12 hours per week in the Foundation offices and earns college credit only.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct in-depth secondary market research on target audience and Parkinson’s organizations
- Research, write and disseminate calendar listings of Parkinson’s events around the US
- Create original, on-brand content for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Monitor and report on conversation on social media channels
- Monitor and provide written reporting on Parkinson’s blogs
- Assist in other activities such as necessary
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to take initiative
- Exceptional ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills on Mac platform: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience with Wikipedia authoring and/or online survey tools a plus
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience in marketing, communications or marketing research a plus, but not required
- Social media-savvy
- Required education: at least 3rd year academic status in an accredited 4-year university with declared major in marketing; post-graduate standing a plus
Please send your resume and a cover letter indicating your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Marketing Internship”. Your letter of intent should answer the following questions: Why are you interested in the marketing internship? What do you hope to accomplish? How will you determine your success as an intern? No phone calls please.