Title: Marketing Intern
Reports to the Marketing Director
Purpose of Position:
The marketing intern will assist the marketing director in support of Foundation marketing research and communication efforts.
About the Position:
The Foundation seeks an intern to assist the Marketing Director with ongoing marketing-related tasks, including content creation for and monitoring of our social media channels, supporting and fielding marketing research, assisting with print and online communications, researching PR and media in event host cities and assisting with content management. This is the perfect position for a detail-oriented, self-starter looking to gain hands-on, high-level experience in nonprofit, healthcare brand management, marketing, and communication. The Davis Phinney Foundation is a fast-paced, fun and inspiring place to work, and our interns leave with diverse experience to add to their resumes.
This internship is for the 2015-2016 academic year. Evaluation will be made at the end of the fall semester with the expectation that a satisfactory will ensure continuation through the spring semester. The position may be optionally extended through summer 2016 with satisfactory performance evaluation and by mutual agreement of student and director. The position is for 12-16 hours per week for college credit and a stipend of $10/hour.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct in-depth secondary market research on target audience and Parkinson’s organizations
- Research, write and disseminate on Parkinson’s events, groups and activities around the US
- Create original, on-brand content for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and monitor and report on community activity
- Develop and help field online marketing surveys
- Assist in other activities such as necessary
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to take initiative
- Exceptional ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills on Mac platform: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience with Wikipedia authoring and/or online survey tools a plus but not required
- Experience in marketing, communications or marketing research a plus, but not required
- Social media-savvy
- Required education: at least 3rd year academic status in an accredited 4-year university with declared major in marketing or advertising
Please send your resume and a cover letter indicating your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Marketing Internship”. Your letter of intent should answer the following questions: Why are you interested in the marketing internship? What do you hope to accomplish? How will you determine your success as an intern? No phone calls please.