The Living Well Challenge™ is an educational webinar series featuring movement disorder experts speaking on topics of interest to people affected by Parkinson’s disease. You can “take the challenge” to live well today with Parkinson’s by viewing the webisodes, discussing your own experiences and impressions with family, friends and support group, and devising your own action plan to help you:
- Be Informed and Be Aware
- Be Active
- Be Involved
- Be Connected
Some of the first symptoms people with Parkinson’s may experience are not visible to others. As the disease progresses, cognitive and other non-motor symptoms continue to be a significant aspect of living with Parkinson’s. Joanne Hamilton, PhD, ABPP-CN of Advanced Neurobehavioral Health of Southern California in Poway, CA explains what to expect and how to distinguish symptoms caused by Parkinson’s from those caused by medications. Her presentation for the Davis Phinney Foundation audience offers hope and practical strategies for understanding and managing cognitive and non-motor challenges.
This presentation and the archived webisodes below are available free, on demand – you may watch them anytime you like, as many times as you like. Tell a friend about the Living Well Challenge webinar and share the link to this page!
View Archived Webisodes
- Fight Back Against Depression and Anxiety in Parkinson’s with Carol Manning, Bonnie Sachs and Sarah Lageman
- Social Capital: The Value of Relationships with Al Condecluci, PhD
- Breathing and Swallowing with Roxann Diez-Gross, PhD, SLP-CCC
- Living Well Today with Parkinson’s with Monique Giroux, MD
- What’s Going on in My Gut? with Leslie Cloud, MD, MSc
- The 10 Commandments of Living Well with Parkinson’s Disease with Susan Imke, FNP, GNP-C
- From Clear to Partly Cloud: Cognition and Parkinson’s Disease with Paul Short, PhD
- Nutrition and Parkinson’s Disease: Can Food Have an Impact? with Dr. Sarah Zangerle
- Gene Therapy for Parkinson’s Disease with Dr. William Marks
- What Does the Parkinson’s Research Mean to You? with Dr. Holly Shill
- How to Communicate with Your Doctor with Dr. Janet Chance
- Panel Discussion on Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) with Dr. Melissa Houser
- Sleep Disorders in Parkinson’s Disease with Dr. Gary Leo
Approximately every other month, we’ll be offering new webisodes to provide you with information you crave. Stay tuned for presentations on subjects like swallowing, relationships, digestive symptoms and strategies, and things you can do today to improve your quality of life with Parkinson’s. Sign up to receive email notification when new webisodes become available.
Panel Discussion Webinar Q & A
Two of our Living Well Challenge panelists from the live June 2011 webcast, Dr. Monique Giroux and Dr. Terry Ellis, along with DBS specialist Sierra Farris have reviewed the many excellent questions that were submitted during the event. Read their responses here. Topics include:
- Medical and Surgical Therapies
- Sleep and Fatigue
- Emotional Support
- Research and Causes of Parkinson’s
Before you undertake any exercise program or make changes to your daily routine, consult your doctor and please read this important information.